Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Weather: 75F, Sunny

The Fat Lady Sings

That's it. No more Lake Hoare Hut, Sunday showers in the Jamesway, stealing frozen Snickers bars from the cache outside, moat ice, rocket toilets, ATVs, glacier water (except the liter I have) or cores. It's over....for now.

I have had, I hope, a successful season. I have acquired a good amount of data, and more when I, and my samples, make it back to Columbus.

Christchurch is again great. I have reveled in the site of trees, birds, city life, fresh food, and darkness. It's unusually cold here for this time of year, which means that I have been enjoying a few spring like days.

I would again like to think the LTER for a spot on this year's team; KW, for her contribution to a successful season, and everyone else who has helped with this project.

Thank you all for watching. I will continue the blog, just not as often, but you can find me at www.geology.ohio-state.edu/~carroll.295

Picture: Starbucks Coffee in Cathedral Square in Christchurch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, sorry I missed you on your last day in MCtown, I was a little late and Kathy said you had to go to the store (for some last minute souvenirs?). In any case, had a good time in CHCH and an uneventful flight home (I heard is 50 F in Columbus! I hope it last 'till you get there)
Things here are going well...drilling up a storm.
I will see you around OSU early next year. Take care
Cristina