Monday, December 08, 2008

Damn Diamox


Ok, so "if" we leave for Tango camp tomorrow I had to start taking my Diamox today.  Tango camp is at 8500 feet, so I will be leaving sea level and ascending to 8500 feet in five hours.  Not only that but we have to set camp which is going to take 2+ days of very intensive physical work...all this at -30F and 8500 feet...not to mention what the physioaltitude might be.

The damn Diamox has been screwing with me all day.  How it works:  it makes your blood really acidic by making you piss out your bicarbonates.  Your body says WTF! when your blood gets acidic and to counteract this imbalance your body produces more red blood cells.  In theory if you have more red blood cells then your blood can take up more oxygen, therefore trying to "somewhat" allow you to have less adverse affect from high altitude.

I reality I am pissing like a pregnant woman, my body tingles (rather feels like vibrations) throughout my whole body, sour stomach, and a sour "lower" half (get my meaning yaw'll?).

Well, if we go tomorrow then only three more days of Diamox.  If not, I will take it until we go.

Bitch I might, but it's better than getting HAPE or HACE.

1 comment:

Susan said...

ever have a 9 1/2 pound baby sittin' on your bladder? not pleasant. hope you finally get to camp soon.