Sunday, November 19, 2006


Location: McMurdo Station, Antarctica
Weather: 21F, Snow

OSU -vs- Michigan

Yeah, it's a big thing. I have heard from friends in Columbus all week how the campus was a buzz with anticipation, but could that possibly be the case 15,000 miles away? I arrived into McMurdo Station Thursday night for some repairs to the equipment and a couple of days off to recharge. Before I had been here 12 hours I had heard "The Game" mentioned 3 or 4 times on TV. So yes, the game is important here in Antarctica too.

Today, Sunday morning, at 9:30AM members of The Ohio State University contingent met in a specific lounge to watch the game. All told there were five of us from OSU, a few Michigan haters, and 6 or 7 Kiwi's that had never seen an American football game before. It was an exciting and interesting crowd.

42-39 Ohio State, congratulations. I will be home when they go for the NCAA National Championship in January. I must say it is cool to be going to a school that has a athletic program that is good, but the following still mystifies me, but in a good way.

Photo: The evenings weather forecast.

4 comments:

amy said...

The following mystifies me as well.

Anonymous said...

Hello from Atlanta! Susan passed along your site along to me. I'm so excited for you that you are in Antarctica doing research. That truly is a wonderful opportunity. Hope you are doing well and you are getting lots of good data. Take care! Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! I got your site from Jessica and have got to say, I'm so jealous! You must be having an amazing time doing your research! I hope everything's going well - New York is New York and work is good. Stay warm!
Julia

Kelly Carroll said...

Hey Julia and Jessica,

It is very nice to hear from you guys! I hope you are doing well! --kc